Sunday 13 October 2019

Here I go...Provence, France! 法國, 普羅旺斯 - 出發咯!

I wanted to go to Provence because I saw this video somewhere. I was so mesmerised, and I even tried to bring the exhibition to Kuala Lumpur when an opportunity arose. But then it didn't work out. 

A few months passed, I was looking for an escape - a break from it all. Where shall I go? I have never travel for leisure on my own. All the previous travel ideas came from whoever traveling with me. I was clueless until the video popped up on my Facebook again.
So, Provence, here I go.

As I was researching the logistic, I found kimkim. I just need to answer when, where to go and what I want to do, they gave me a proposal :
Day 1: Arrival in Avignon
Day 2: The Gourmet tour of Avignon - Shared activity
Day 3: Avignon, City of the Popes
Day 4: Van Gogh in Provence
Day 5: From the medieval Avignon to the Mediterranean Marseille
Day 6: Half-day morning tour in Cassis
Day 7: Marseille Off The Beaten Path Walking Tour
Day 8: Departure from Provence

As I plan to go during the first half of October, it is considered as the off-peak season.  But it would still cost me about USD$1,750 (~MYR7,300) which was above my expectation as it did not include my flights nor any pocket money.

At the same time, while I was researching for the most value for money flights, I found that Tripadvisor, Expedia, and Viator offer plenty of ideas and options.

So, I booked both my flights and accommodations via Expedia for about MYR5,000 while my ground tours via Viator for less than MYR1,700.  I have also changed MYR1,850 for EUR400 as pocket money for use when a credit card is not accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment