Monday 14 October 2019

Day 2 ...Provence, France! 法國, 普羅旺斯

Despite the comfy bed, I didn't sleep well because of partly because I was finishing some outstanding work, and partly because of jag-lag, and I was still coughing. The dry air was not helping much either.

Knowing that I had to wake up early as the meeting time of the pre-booked Provence Le Grand Tour is at 9 am 11 October 2019, I ordered my breakfast in the hotel the night before. For EUR 9, one could choose from yogurt, cereals, croissant to cheese and ham, and there was a free flow of coffee and tea.

I arrived outside the tourist office at 9 am sharp, my guide Remi and the rest of the group were already there.

The first stop was Triumphal Arch followed by Théâtre Antique d'Orange (Antique Theater of Orange).



















The second stop was Musen tour and wine-tasting at Châteauneuf-du-Pape.




Then we had to go back to Avignon to drop off some people and pick up some others. Hence, there was no time for a sit-down lunch and I had to buy a sandwich and ate in the van.












Next, Remi took us to explore two villages in Luberon National Park and UNESCO World Heritage-listed Pont du Gard on the way back.






























It was late by the time we got back to Avignon, and I was still stuffed, so I didn't have any dinner and went straight to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment