Monday 14 October 2019

Day 1 ...Provence, France! 法國, 普羅旺斯

I traveled out from Kuala Lumpur on 9 October 2019 on a direct red-eye British Airway flight to London. With a less than 2 hours layover, I arrived at Marseille, France, in the mid-morning of 10 October. It was cold, around 17C that morning, luckily I was wearing my fleece jacket.

The free shuttle bus to the Vitrolles Airport train station is available from Platform 5 right outside the left of the airport. While I was waiting for the bus, I bought a train ticket to Avignon Centre from the machine there. There was not much signage at the train station except a small TV showing the destinations of the oncoming train.



It took about an hour to reach Avignon, and Hôtel Boquier is just a five minutes walk from the train station. Hôtel Boquier is a small two-star hotel hidden along the main road Cours Jean Jaurès. It is only one minute away from the Tourism Office where is the meeting point for most ground trips. I like Hôtel Boquier, the room might be a bit small, but it was clean, bright and airy while the bed was comfortable and good water pressure for the shower.

After a much-needed shower, I headed out as I bought tickets to visit the Palace of the Popes & Pont d'Avignon. I was hungry and wanted to snack, so I got myself four pieces of churros for EUR2 along the street to munch on.

When I arrived outside the Palais des Papes, this busker was playing La Vie En Rose on his harmonica. 






I walked a total of 15,110 steps that day, exhausted, I had a quick dinner at the close-by diner The Brasserie du Théâtre and turned in early.



No comments:

Post a Comment